What is Open Research?
Open Research Links
- Science Commons is a Creative Commons project whose goal is to design strategies and tools for faster, more efficient web-enabled scientific research.
- The NeuroCommons Project
Projects hosted by Nature.com
- Nature Network is a web-based collaborative structure to help connecting scientists and discussing ideas and topics. Nature Network provides a blog hosting service.
- Protocol Exchange is an open resource where the community of scientists pool their experimental know-how to help accelerate research.
- The Open Source Science Project is a web-based social business founded and managed by a team of academics, researchers, and engineers, designed to foster scientific communication and collaboration.
- OpenWetWare.org: OpenWetWare is an effort to promote the sharing of information, know-how, and wisdom among researchers and groups who are working in biology & biological engineering.
- Labrigger: A blog of how-tos for neuroscience; includes some optogenetics-related material.
On the use of Wikis in Science
- Online methods share insider tricks, Nature 441, 678 (8 June 2006).